E-Devices Checkout Program
The School of Medicine Library has launched its e-devices checkout program. The available devices include an iPad, iPad 2, NOOK Color, and Kindle e-reader. Please come by and check out our newest service.
Check availability for checkout
- Only current School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students may check out electronic devices. Patrons must have a valid library account in good standing and must read, agree to, and sign the Loan Agreement.
- The Loan Agreement must be read and signed each time a device is borrowed. Only one device at a time can be checked out per person. Under no circumstances will a user be allowed to check out a device for another person.
- Electronic devices can be checked out from the School of Medicine Library circulation desk during regular operating hours.
- The loan period is 3 days. Devices must be returned to the circulation desk before closing time on the 3rd day.
- Devices are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis. The School of Medicine Library cannot guarantee that a device will be available. Holds may be placed, with the understanding that this does not guarantee that the user will be “next in line.” There is a 24-hour turnaround time for maintenance on returned devices.
E-Device Loan Policy and Agreement
As always we value your opinion. Let us know if there are other apps or texts you’d like us to feature on our new e-devices. firstname.lastname@example.org
This service is made possible by a generous donation by Ms. Nancy Kress, one of the earliest members of the School of Medicine Library Circle of Friends. Library news announcement about the donation is available at http://uscm.med.sc.edu/news.asp#kress