About the Center for Disability Resources (CDR) Library
The CDR Library is a collaborative effort between BabyNet/First Steps to School Readiness, the Center for Disability Resources, the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs, and the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Library.
The CDR Library consists of books, videos, brochures, and audiotapes covering a variety of disability-related topics. The Center for Disability Resources Library is located within the University
of South Carolina School of Medicine Library on Garners Ferry Road.
To access tutorials for the CDR Library and the InfoAble Portal, click here: Tutorials
We are now happy to offer our materials nationwide! Anyone in the
fifty states may now check out items.
If you are not a South Carolina resident, please also consult the Directory of Disability Resource Center Libraries to locate a library in your area.
- Reference librarians are available from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm,
Monday - Friday.
- Requests are accepted by mail, by email to email@example.com,
by telephone to (803)216-3206, or on a walk-in basis.
- Books may be borrowed for a month. Videos may be borrowed for
- Materials can be mailed to your home or office.
return mailers are available for materials sent to South Carolina
families. And all South Carolina residents may continue borrowing
multiple items at one time.
- A courier is available to bring items to the Center for
Disability Resources Monday-Friday.
- Residents of states other than South Carolina may check out
one item at a time, and are responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions or comments about
this site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.