Father Resources available at the Center for Disability Resources Library
To check out any of the materials listed, please contact:
Web site: http://uscm.med.sc.edu/CDR
Be prepared : a practical handbook for new dads. Gary Greenberg and Jeannie Hayden. New York : Simon & Schuster, c2004. Call number: Disabilities-FAM WS 105.5.F2 G798p 2004.
Circles of care and understanding: Support programs for fathers of children with special needs. James May. Bethesda, MD: Association for the Care of Children's Health, 1992. Call number: Disabilities-FAM WS 107.5 .R5 M466c 1992.
Custody for fathers : a practical guide through the combat zone of a brutal custody battle. Michael Brennan and Carleen Brennan. Costa Mesa, CA : Brennan Publishing, 2007, c1994. Call number: Disabilities-FAM WS 105.5.F2 B838c 2007.
Fathering your special child : a book for fathers or carers of children diagnosed with asperger syndrome. Josie Santomauro ; illustrated by Carla Marino. London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2009. Call number: Disabilities-FAM WM 203.5 S237f 2009.
- Fathers (video). Young Adult Institute and WNYE-TV. New York: The Institute, 1987. Call number: Disabilities-AV WS 105.5 .F2 F252 1987.
- -1 video (27 minutes). Fathers discuss how they deal with the impact of having a developmentally disabled child.
Fathers of children with special needs: New horizons. James May. Bethesda, MD: Association for the Care of Children's Health, 1997. Call number: Disabilities – FAM WS 107.5 .R5 M466f 1997.
Married with special-needs children : a couples' guide to keeping connected. Laura E. Marshak, Fran Pollock Prezant. Bethesda, MD : Woodbine House, 2007. Call number: Disabilities – FAM HQ 759.913 M366m 2007.
- Men in families: When do they get involved?: What difference does it make? Alan Booth, Ann C. Crouter. Mahwah, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1998. Call number: Disabilities-PROF HQ 756 M534 1998.
- -Based on presentations from a national symposium on men in families, held at Pennsylvania State University, 1996.
ROAD to fatherhood : how to help young dads become loving and responsible parents. Jon Morris. Buena Park, Calif. : Morning Glory Press, c2002. Call number: Disabilities-FAM WS 105.5.F2 M876r 2002.
- Running with Walker: A memoir. Robert Hughes. New York: Jessica Kingsley, 2003. Call number: Disabilities – FAM WM 203.5 H894r 2003.
- - A father’s account of raising a son with autism.
- Special kids, Special dads (video): Fathers of children with disabilities. Bureau of Maternal and Child Health and the SEFAM Family Support Program. Rockville, MD: Vision Productions, 1989. Call number: Disabilities-AV HQ 759.913 S741 1989
- - 1 video (24 minutes). Three fathers discuss their experiences as parents of handicapped children.
Why fathers count: The importance of fathers and their involvement with children. Edited by Sean E. Brotherson, Joseph M. White. Harriman, Tenn. : Men's Studies Press, c2007. Call number: Disabilities FAM WS 105.5 .F2 W629 2007.
This page copyright 2006, The University of South Carolina.
Please forward any comments or questions about this web site to Steven Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org